tagged by connaissais! have done this before, but here again, off the top of my head.
Rules: In a text post, list ten books that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take but a few minutes, and don’t think too hard — they don’t have to be the “right” or “great” works, just the ones that have touched you. Tag ten friends, including me, so I’ll see your list. Make sure you let your friends know you’ve tagged them:
- The Golden Compass, Philip Pullman
- The Bell Jar, Sylvia Plath
- Train Dreams, Denis Johnson
- Stoner, John Williams
- Nine Stories, J. D. Salinger
- On Beauty, Zadie Smith
- The Portrait of a Lady, Henry James
- Brooklyn, Colm Tóibín
- Never Let Me Go, Kazuo Ishiguro
- Jane Eyre, Charlotte Brontë
(See also: A Separate Peace, The Catcher in the Rye, Middlemarch, etc.)
Tagging: fiveyearmission, fursasaida, tomato-greens, beryllinthranox, alwaysalreadyangry, augustbird, trinityofone, ink-splotch, and idk, anybody else who feels so inclined. OR NOT, IF YOU DON’T FEEL LIKE IT, or have done this a thousand times already.